Hungarian Folk Performance
The impact of folk heritage on Hungary’s culture from music to performing arts, architecture and fine arts is peculiarly significant and unique to this land.
- Folklore Performance starts at 20:00 Duration: 90 mins
- Meeting time: 19:30
- Organised in the golden theatre hall of the historically significant Danube Palace
- 90 minute show is headlined by three of the country’s most prestigious folk ensembles
Organised in the golden theatre hall of the historically significant Danube Palace in the city centre, the 90 minute show is headlined by three of the country’s most prestigious folk ensembles, the world famous Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Rajkó Folk Ensemble and Orchestra and the Danube Folk Ensemble. With their 30 dancers accompanied by 14 musicians, the ancient culture of Hungary is evoked right in front of your eyes. From war, to celebratory and romantic dances the groups revive a diverse selection of elements from hundreds of years of Hungarian traditions all in authentic clothing and with unmatched Magyar attitude.
Even if you do not usually like to get acquainted with the local traditions this is an experience you will surely not regret. Let yourself be entangled in a web of enchanting music from virtuoso artists of an original Hungarian instrument, the cimbalom and several string artists while your eyes linger on the exotic beauty of this peculiar dance genre.
- Danube Palace (Budapest H-1051, Zrínyi Street 5)
- Gastronomic Premiere - The Official National Bread and Country Cake of 20184063 views 0 LikedThanks to tradition, on our national holiday, on August 20th, the public will taste the masterpieces of the nation's...Read more ...
- When was the first the first time celebrated the 20th of August with fireworks?3189 views 0 LikedThe earliest records about the fireworks in Hungary are from 1829 but the propagation of the pyrotechnics and the...Read more ...